On Thursday, July 11, 2002, at 06:35  AM, Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

> So, we need do to the following:
>
> a) Testing if everything works, espcially with regards to the different
>    JVMs - I did a quick SQL test with both versions and they both
>    worked.
>
> b) Update the documentation to include the "jvm-target" property etc.
> This
>    should also go into the README
>
> c) Layout the distribution

   d) Check your docs for any 2.1-specific references and flag them (with
<note> or similar).

I may not get through each and every doc, so if you know the docs you
have
contributed have 2.1-specific content (either the doc as a whole or
specific
content within), please flag them as such. A while back, we decided on
this list
to sync HEAD and release docs to make it easier on committers working on
docs.
This included the provision that all 2.1-oriented docs would be noted to
readers.
I have added this info to a number of docs already, but I haven't
concluded my general
inventory of *all* docs. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I
realize this is a bit of a
manual hack, and I look forward to Forrest transition (coming soon) and
solving this
more elegantly, but I think the priority ATM should be user-friendly
docs, however
we achieve it.

FYI, the only docs not synced remain changes.xml, todo.xml,
sitemap.xmap, installing/index.xml, and
installing/jars.xml.

> Ah, and finally a release date. If no problems or big bugs are found, I
> would propose monday, 15th of July.

+1. Also, Carsten, let's include some language with the release notice
about all the new
docs accompanying it. We have *lots* of new content since 2.0.2. I'll
provide a count if that helps!

FYI: I'll update the live site for docs on Sunday if that works with
this schedule.

Diana