Torsten Curdt wrote:

>>>+0
>>>

>>But as I said earlier, it would be fine/make sense to do this in the 2.1
>>branch I think.
>>

>just for hsqldb specifically?

Dunno about the rest.  I speak about what I know something about.
 HSQLDB is not really suitable for
a production system (very slow) so its mostly used in Cocoon for
development and for the examples.  2.1 is
the development edition of cocoon.  Because the HSQLDB shutdown bug is
reasonably annoying, upgrading to the
development version for the development edition of cocoon seems rational
as it would assist development :-)

I don't really have a strong opinion about upgrading the 2.0.x tree.  It
seems minor but it also seems reasonble to wait there
for the production edition.

I find myself frequently frustrated by versioning issues with Xerces,
Xalan and friends, I don't know what is in the
new versions or if they'll clash with existing software in production or
with various things I'd use in Cocoon, so I can't
say when/if I'd like to upgrade to them and hurt now, or hurt later ;-)
 Or maybe in this case its no big deal.

-Andy