Gerhard Froehlich wrote:
> Hi Team,
> the store package seems to be messed up a little bit. I had a private
> chat with Vadim about this issue, too. How about:
>
> - move the JispStore and Co. into the impl. directory.
-0 - For compatibility with 2.0.x it should stay as it is.

> - delete the double stuff, which is in Avalon excalibur, too.
-0 - Again for compatibility - if you have written a component for 2.0.x
using a store than this component uses the Cocoon version.
If we delete these deprecated classes, such a component will not
run anymore and has to be changed. We should users give some
time to adapt to new interfaces - so we can delete them in Cocoon 2.2.

> At the moment we can't move the JispStore to Avalon because he
> implements some important methods like looking up the work dir and cache
> dir in the contextualize method. When we move the store to Avalon this
> feature will disapperar and we only can set the cache dir in the
> cocoon.xconf file.

When I moved the file store, I added an abstract implementation to
avalon and simply wrote a contextualizable implementation for cocoon
inheriting from the abstract and setting the directories.
You can find this in the cocoon.components.store.impl package.
It's not the best solution, I know, but the implementation of the
store is completly in Avalon now.

Carsten