Sylvain Wallez wrote:

> Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
>
> >Currently I'm -0 but with a tendency to -1.
> >
> >Why? I see these reasons:
> >1) This is an incompatible change - currently if nothing matches in the
> >   subsitemap, the error handler is invoked and people rely on this, so
> >   this will break many installations.
> >

> Agree : this behaviour should be explicitely written in the mount. This
> can go through and additionnal attribute such as <map:mount src="sub/"
> must-match="false">
>
> The "must-match" (or a better name) attribute tells if the request must
> be handled by the request and defaults to true to ensure backwards
> compatibility.
>
> >2) I think it is more natural if a sub sitemap is invoked that it is
> >   the sole responsibility of this sub sitemap to process the request.
> >

> That's true if you consider each subsitemap to be a fully autonomous
> subapplication, but not if you consider the top-level sitemap to be a
> sort of container providing global services to subsitemaps.
>
> Considering also that a parent sitemap already provides components to
> subsitemaps, this doesn't seem so unnatural. Some people also asked
> views to be inherited by subsitemaps, which also goes in this direction.

No, I don't agree here. Yes, components are inherited and yes views should
imho also be inherited, but this is a one-way-street. The main sub sitemap
gives control to the sub sitemap. You can't use components declared in
the sub-sitemap in the main sitemap etc.

> >3) Before you consider implementing this simple sounding change, have a
> >   look at all the component manager and source handling stuff which
> >   takes place when a sub sitemap is invoked - it's very difficult
> >   to implement your wantet behaviour without breaking everything.
> >

> Why is this so difficult ? The environment context is changed when
> mounting a subsitemap. Will it be difficult to restore the context when
> "unmounting" a sitemap ?

Yes, I think so - I haven't looked too much into the code but I remember
that there will be some problems with respect to the special lifecycle
interfaces handled by the CocoonComponentManager.

And sorry, I really think that this idea comes near to FS - but what
do others think about this?

Carsten