> From: Carsten Ziegeler [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
> Christian Haul wrote:
> >

> > On 09.Oct.2002 -- 08:54 AM, Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> > > Ok, I think the first sentence here is one central point
> of problem:
> > > Currently I (and it seems others as well) see input
> modules only as
> > > components to be used in the sitemap.
> > > I think Christian had a much wider intention for this concept.
> > > If we use InputModule primary in the sitemap than this is
> a "special"
> > > Cocoon concept - if this has a much wider sense than
> InputModules should
> > > be more general and shouldn't be developed inside Cocoon but
> > > for example Excalibur or Commons etc.
> > > That's the reason why I didn't answer the question where
> OutputModules
> > > or the third one should go - I think all of this does not directly
> > > belong to Cocoon because it has a more general approach.
> >
> > Carsten, sorry for answering late.
> > OK, so what further course of action would you suggest? Post a
> > description to avalon-dev and ask for an opinion?
> >
> I think we (= Cocoon community) should clarify our opinion
> about this first. This includes:
> - Do we have a simple Sitemap InputModule Component?

We have simple InputModule Component and it's not a sitemap component at
all.

> - Are the current InputModule and OutputModules of a more
> general approach
>   and do we want to donate it?

Not sure here. The most applicable place for InputModules, IMO, are the
sitemap substitution variables. I've never used OutputModules, so can't say
anything about them.

> If we agree on this, then the next step would be to involve
> the avalon community.

I feel that we are again going to stuck. Can't we move on with them in
Cocoon and then if we see that modules are general enough to be used in
Avalon then we'll move them there?

Konstantin