Colin Paul Adams wrote:

I do not understand why the sitemap.xmap files use two namespaces (the
map: namespace and the global namespace). Does anyone know, or is it just an accident? I think I shall experiment by adding a default namespace, to make the
two identical, and see if anything breaks.

The global namespace is used for component configurations, and the "map:" namespace is used for sitemap constructs.

That's why we have non-namespaced elements in <map:generator> et al.

Sylvain

--
Sylvain Wallez
Anyware Technologies Apache Cocoon