Hi Unico,

the patch will got lost on the list. Add a bug in bugzilla and mark it as patch. Look at http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/howto/index.html "Contribution" for further information.

Joerg

Unico Hommes wrote:
Hi,

I noticed that although the following declaration appears in cocoon.xconf:

----
<monitor logger="core.monitor">
    <thread frequency="10000" priority="5"/>
</monitor>
----

No declaration exists for the shorthand 'monitor' in cocoon.roles. This results in the following message in core.log:

----
DEBUG   (2002-11-29) 17:38.59:278   [core.roles] (Unknown-URI) Unknown-thread/DefaultRoleManager: looking up shorthand monitor, returning null
----

And thus no such monitor is instantiated.

The same inconsistency exists in the cocoon_2_0_3_branch. The attached patch adds the following lines to the cocoon.roles:

<role name="org.apache.avalon.excalibur.monitor.Monitor"
      shorthand="monitor"
      default-class="org.apache.avalon.excalibur.monitor.ActiveMonitor">
</role>

Can someone please apply these so we can use the monitor in our components?

Regards,
Unico