Ted:

  Can you give us a couple examples, without exposing anything sensitive, of previous litigation and or attempted litigation against Apache open source members?

  It would be very helpful to have some understanding of how and why this can come about so that we can adopt a preventive posture.

  To date, my understanding of open source software is that it expresses no warranty at all.  I'm unclear on what basis someone would be held libel in a legal action.

  Inquiring Minds Want To Know

  Steve Punte

  Candlelight Software

Do you Yahoo!?