Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

Grab the latest Cocoon from CVS, and launch "build run".
Then point the browser to http://localhost:8888/

The redirect doesn't work it seems...

Then point to http://localhost:8888/samples/
It should redirect to http://localhost:8888/samples/welcome but instead it redirects to http://localhost:8888/welcome (one step back)

Then goto http://localhost:8888/samples/misc
It redirects to http://localhost:8888/samples/welcome

Now, if I put a / in front of the redirect url (should be relative to servlet context, no?) it seems to work.

There is something wrong with the redirection-resolving, but honestly I don't know if the problem is in Tomcat, that makes it all work, Cocoon or Jetty.

What is the correct behaviour?

I believe that correct behavior of servlet engine is to not mess with redirect URL but send them to browser without change, and browser should interpret them.
Thus, redirect without starting "/" should work without problem.

WebSphere (some 4.0.?? versions ) is known to do weird things with redirect URLs, grep Cocoon sources for "WebSphere" to see a workaround.

Vadim