From: "Steven Noels" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Konstantin Piroumian wrote:
>
> > What about predefined configuration modes: development and production?
This
> > can be done using two separate config file sets and be switched using
a -D
> > startup option or an application init parameter.
>
> Beats me ATM - if you can provide me with some more hints, I could do it
> that way for 2.1/HEAD.

It was just a proposal, you'll need to implement that somehow ;-)
Hint: you can implement it in CocoonServlet to allow -D options to override
default settings, such as cocoon.xconf, logkit.xconf locations, etc.
Usability hint: Weblogic have simple RUNMODE (or so) parameter in the
startup script and depending on it, it loads the needed configuration.

Another hint: you'll need to setup separate *.xconf configurations at least
for cocoon.xconf - to tune the perfomance and cache, and a logkit.xconf -
for debug levels. Probably, it can be done only by changing the web.xml (and
there you'll also will need to set the log level).

> I will hardcode it in the 2.0.4 branch, however - maybe we can do a
> silent re-release then?

+0

Konstantin