Hunsberger, Peter wrote:

So, my proposal would be

sendScreen(uri, data);

sendPage(uri, data);

Ugg, although I can see a semantic difference between a form and a page I'll
be darned if I can see a semantic difference between a screen and a page
(given that we're not dealing with page oriented media in most cases
anyway)...

Agreed. Add in the fact that automated agents don't have a screen per se but still fill out forms. Web developers already understand the concept of a form.

- o -

I have an alternative proposal, even if this requires more changes to the system:

Instead of "sendScreen", why don't we do:

var objectModel = getClientInput(uri,data);

then

sendPage(uri);

Seems much better to me!

Yes!  To me as well.