Hi team

We encountered some thread race issues with the LocalAction class.

1. The class is marked ThreadSafe, so there will be only one instance in
the system.

2. There are member variables (langAttr, localeAttr, etc.) that are set by
the checkParams method on each invocation but only with loglevel DEBUG,
and thus any parameter passed in at runtime will be ignored at any other
log level setting. After consulting CVS the checkParam method was put into
a isDebugEnabled-block 10 month ago. I wonder why nobody ever had this
issue before.

3. Because of 2. two concurrent threads using LocalAction will overwrite
each others settings which will confuse users (given it runs with DEBUG
level).

OT: The usage of the debug method is a *big NO* for performance reasons.

This issue is true for both branches (HEAD and cocoon_2_0_3_branch) even
if that class is different on each branch.

Is anybody working on that class already?

Giacomo