Hi Guys

I am putting together a release for a project I am working on, and thought I'd try to use the latest TomCat (4.1.17) and the latest Cocoon 2.1 from CVS this morning.

Where before I had a nicely working system, now I get nothing but 'out of memory' errors!

Latest Cocoon + TomCat 4.1.17:
takes 2 - 3 minutes just to start TomCat (100% CPU)
takes 2 - 3 minutes hitting /cocoon/samples resulting in 'out of memory' (100% CPU)

Latest Cocoon + TomCat 4.1.12:
same as above

Older Cocoon (approx 1 week) + TomCat 4.1.17
acts as normal

Older Cocoon (approx 1 week) + TomCat 4.1.12
acts as normal

Platform: MacOSX (Client) 10.2.2, JDK 1.3.1, 512 Meg RAM
Restarted between attempts to clear out any hosed JDK

I have xalan-2.4.1.jar, xercesimpl-2.1.0.jar and xml-apis.jar (from Cocoon) replacing xercesimpl.jar and xmlParserAPIs.jar (from TomCat) in $CATALINA_HOME/common/endorsed.

Anyone got any ideas what is going on?
When I watch the system memory while this is going on, not all of it is being used.

regards Jeremy