On Thu, Jan 09, 2003 at 08:20:20AM +0100, Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
> >
> > On Wed, Jan 08, 2003 at 04:12:12PM +0100, Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > what is exactly your configuration problem? What do you want to
> > use/write?
> > >
> > > Carsten
> > >

> > I need to configure the root path for the generator, at construction
> > time, so that it processes the (mandatory) path parameter (given in the
> > pipeline) relative to the root. So i'll need either to write the config
> > parameter inside the <xmap:generator> element and change the schemas, or
> > find another way to give a parameter to my generator outside the
> > pipeline ones. I could also remove this parameter, let it be set during
> > pipeline processing.
> >
> Ok, let's see if I understand you correctly. You define your generator:
>
> <map:generators default="file">
>     <map:generator name="cvsview" ....>
>       <rootpath>....</rootpath>
>     </map:generator>
> </map:generators>
>
> This can be done without changing the schemas, you only have to declare
> your generator as Configurable. You should not use the sitemap namespace
> for this configuration.
> Or you can do:
> <map:match pattern="mypipeline">
>   <map:generate type="cvsview">
>     <map:parameter name="root" value="..."/>
>   </map:generate>
> </map:match>
> You get this within the setup() method of your generator.
>
> Is it this you want to achieve?

Yes exactly, the Generator does implements Configurable.
Maybe the schemas are not up to date or I need to inform the build
system in another way.

You can look at the latest version, with current CVS, validate-config
fails, informing that the root element is not allowed inside the
xmap:generator element.