> > It is great that you are looking at XML data models more seriously.
>
> Don't expect too much. Although I'm almost done with an InputModule
> accessing the Form. I think this came up a number of times and turned
> out to be almost trivial. :-)

I'm sure it'll be better than what is out there now.

> > > From: "Christian Haul" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
> > > If no validation is required, and only the XForms -> HTML conversion
> > > is needed, a complete XMLForms instance is needed, still. Would it be
> > > possible / OK to remove the dependencies of the XMLFormTransformer
> > > from Form? As far as I could see, all it does is lookup the Form and
> > > use the getVale() method.
> >
> > Can you give me an example where "only the XForms -> HTML conversion is
> > needed".
> > I am not sure I understand what that means.
>
> This happens when you want to profit from the XForms features of
> detatched instance data but have next to none result processing. Say,
> you have an XML representation of your form data. This could be
> generated by an XMLizable object, a <esql:get-columns/> tag, or
> another processing pipeline.

I can see how you might use another source for the document and not need the
XMLFormTransformer at all.
Instead some of the new transformers might be used.

Let me clarify the scenario though:

1) Say you have a document extracted from ESQL
2) You also have an XForms document which refers to elements in the document
3) Now, who will be responsible for resolving the references to 1) in 2)
4) Then, when the browser posts the HTML form, what component will update
the underlying data model (SQL database for example)?

Maybe I am just not getting your idea yet, but I would certainly like to.

Ivelin