On Tue, 14 Jan 2003, Ovidiu Predescu wrote:

Hi Ovidiu!! :)

> My 2 cents here. I haven't read the whole discussion thread, so please
> illuminate me if I'm missing the point.
>
> Why can't we use the same syntax as today and extend the treeprocessor
> to prevent stuff from being added before and after the <call function/>
> element? It seems to me this is the most simple thing we can do,
> without requiring the user to use a reference manual each time they
> want to modify the sitemap.

Well...IMHO, the chief objection to this is that
flow-mappings are _not_ pipelines and should not live in the pipelines
section. Infact flow-mappings/hooks currently ignore the pipelines they
are defined in. (See the initial posting in this thread for a more
thorough reasoning as to why flow-mappings/hooks are not pipelines)

The idea was too move the flow-mappings out of the pipelines
section and into the flow section. This way you have all the flow stuff
defined together in a "flow-contoller" for the sitemap.

Regards,
Michael