Nicola,

as you know, I evaluated the use of Wings and discarded it on purely technical
considerations some months ago: probably things have
improved in the meantime.

We too had the separation of style and content in mind, actually, we have experimented
the use of static style and dynamic data to
make charts in a real-world app.

I think the license objection could be easily overcome, since (L)GPL is not "viral" as
GPL, and allows the embedding of libraries
into software products.

Anyway, I'd like to point out that this is not a race: I'm prepared to be hosted by
Cocoondev until our transformer will mature and
only then choose which one will be best for Cocoon.

As a final remark, let me just tell you that I deem the inclusion of an easy-to-use and
well-documented chart package important for Cocoon now... not in a distant future.

Regards,

               Luca Morandini
               GIS Consultant
              [EMAIL PROTECTED]