Vadim Gritsenko wrote:

Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

Vadim Gritsenko wrote:

Berin Loritsch wrote:

#3 We can safely remove the Component interface (the source for most
deprecation warnings).

I'm trying to be cautious about removing it from public well-known interfaces. Users are writing code with assumption that they won't change, but once you remove Component interface from, say, Generator, it means user's code won't compile anymore without change.

Can you please post a code example about this? I'm a bit confused...

Sure... Here it is:

Component c = ((ComponentSelector)manager.lookup(Generator.ROLE + "Selector")).select("something");

Or this one, is even better:

Generator g = null;
Component c = g;

See also recent thread "what is parser" - seems like changes are already affecting existing code.

Vadim