Peter Royal wrote:
On Monday, February 3, 2003, at 12:17  PM, Berin Loritsch wrote:

I suggest we change the deprecation warnings in the
org.apache.avalon.framework.component.* so they do not use
@deprecation.  I suggest we change the representation to

  with an explanation here.

+1 to removal and +1 to the replacement above.

i can view warnings for my cocoon build once again!
with my avalon hat on, +1, and with my cocoon hat on, I want to thank you all very much for showing such respect on your user pool.

I would like also to point out that Cocoon *is* willing to follow the technical trails that Avalon sets, expecially after the way this little potential friction has been resolved.

But for this, we'll need help and guidance on how to move forward and how to update Cocoon to be more friendly toward new technological directions Avalon takes, yet, without destroying binary back compatibility.

--
Stefano Mazzocchi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Pluralitas non est ponenda sine neccesitate [William of Ockham]