Christopher,

The answer to your question really depends on whether you want to
replace an existing collection element or create a new one.  To create
and element, use createPathAndSetValue.  To replace the textual
contents of an existing element, simply use setValue()

- Dmitri

(http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/xml-cocoon2/src/java/org/apache/cocoon/components/xmlform/Form.java?rev=HEAD&content-type=text/plain)