Guido Casper <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Sent: Thursday, March 13, 2003 10:24 AM
> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: Re: more xmlforms + schematron, why ?
>

> I agree, that the lack of support for regular expressions is
> the biggest obstacle to schematron use.
>
> I wonder if anybody is already working on a second validator
> for XMLForm with support for regular expressions.

Well, it's a long way off, but it should probably be noted that XSLT 2 adds
support for regular expressions.  I'd guess that at some point there will be
a version of Schematron based on XSLT 2?  In the mean time there are regex
libraries for XSLT if you don't mind stepping out of the standard for a
particular implementation...