explicitely asking for opinions over here

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [heads-up] wiki abuse: your advice please
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2003 11:48:15 +0100
From: Steven Noels <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

SAXESS - Hussayn Dabbous wrote:

what about simply reusing the userlist from the cocoon-dev, cocoon-user, cocoon-doc mailing lists and allow write access only to these
registered users ?

We don't have access to the list of registered email addresses on cocoon-* lists, and I doubt that will happen any time soon - there's some privacy issues involved with that, too.

Pier, do you have any opinion about this?

I'm thinking along the lines of adding some container-based
authentication around Edit.jsp, and some smallish webapp so that people
can register an email address (= user name) / password. Does anyone has
something like that laying around? Use cases:

 * enter email address -> generated pwd gets send to you
                       -> address & pwd are stored in db
 * you can log into that app
                       -> change pwd
                       -> drop your registration data
 * that same database is used for container-based authentication around
Edit.jsp

What do you guys think?

</Steven>
stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org