Jeff Ramsdale wrote:
With recent updates of Cocoon 2.1-dev from CVS I haven't been able to get
the embedded Jetty to start up (Windows ME, j2sdk1.4.0). Turning echo on I
discovered 2 endless loops in cocoon.bat. Initially there were duplicate
gotPort and  gotWebapp labels; I changed the duplicate names.

I then received an error of: "The program issued a command but the command
length is incorrect." Checking out the file again I was confused by the
following code to set EXEC:

  if not "%EXEC%" == "" goto gotExec
  set EXEC=start "Cocoon" /D. /MAX
  :gotExec

ah, right, the above works with 'cmd.exe' (NT/2k/XP) not with 'command.com' (95/98/ME)

I have no idea what this is supposed to do but it just didn't look right.

this means

 start -> start a window
 /D. -> with directory '.'
 /MAX -> maximize the window

but this only works on NT/2k/XP, I forgot to add a check for that.

Forward slashes in a .bat file?

Oh, yes. almost all DOS commands used forward slashes as command line parameters.

So I deleted the code and references to
%EXEC in doServlet, doServletAdmin, and doDebug and everything seemed to
work fine. Any clues for me?

I've included my first Cocoon patch, generated with Eclipse. I didn't submit
to Bugzilla--let me know if I should--but I wanted feedback on the EXEC
issue before I went that far.

I just patched it but I won't be able to test it now that I don't have a win95/98/ME machine to test it on. So tell me if it worked.

Stefano.