Pier Fumagalli wrote:
On 15/3/03 21:54, "Stefano Mazzocchi" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

- flow
 - provide a block-like method for extension of the object model

What about something similar to Mozilla's XPConnect?

http://www.mozilla.org/scriptable/

No, I don't think this is what we need. XPConnect is a dynamic wrapper between native XPCOM components and javascript that avoids the use of a IDL compiler to pregenerate the code hooks.

What we need is a way for a block to *extend* the FOM.

One way of doing this, would be to avalonize the flow environment, write an XML configuration for the FOM and have blocks 'xpatch' that configuration file which is used at startup by the flow environment to write the flow.

But I'm not sure how hard this is to implement.

Stefano.