Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
Sylvain Wallez wrote:
I don't think this will make it difficult to separate it : the object model is a Map which can hold any kind of objects, and instrospection-based accessors such as JXPath don't care about the actual class of objects.

1) Helper functions like getContinuation() in ObjectModelHelper are not separatable;

correct.

2) FlowVelocityGenerator, it has some clever hack on 130 lines or so specifically for the flow bean (see "Hack? I use JXPath to determine the properties of the bean object");

right, this has to go.

3) jpath logicsheet right now instead of being generic is hardwired to the flow too;

right.

It's already not easy to separate! I can think of how to resolve issue 1 (dedicated FlowObjectModelHelper: ugly, but works)

yuck!

and 3 (flow logicsheet for flow related stuff; jxpath logicsheet for generic stuff), not sure about 2 though. Extra Velocity generator is not nice.

No, it's not.

I'm starting to think that 'flow' is an 'aspect' of our Environment, so we would need some aspect orientation to take it out :(

We should really post-pone this after 2.1

-0: Put session there, don't advertise it. Presence of the session object might facilitate migration from one approach to another, also will allow integration between different parts.

This is a good point.

What do others think?

Stefano.