"Bertrand Delacretaz" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Le Mercredi, 18 juin 2003, à 02:07 Europe/Zurich, Pier Fumagalli a
> écrit :
>>
>> ...It might not go anywhere, it might go somewhere, but if there's
>> interest in
>> this community to host my "Garbage" template engine, all I ask is to
>> have a
>> CVS repo and the opportunity to show you my little pet, and maybe even
>> work together on it (once I get namespaces working again! :-)...
>
> Do you really need a separate CVS repository?
> Wouldn't the Cocoon scratchpad do?
>
> If Garbage can fit into the Scratchpad (sounds like a MacOS desktop ;-)
> it could be a lightweight way of incubating it.

Point is that it's not "strictly" related to Cocoon... I mean, it could
become a good generator itself, but we're already using its predecessor (the
old template on which Garbage is built on) in environments completely
unrelated to Cocoon.

Think about simply generating SAX events from a template and a set of
objects used as its context.

Plus it comes with a new set of XML/XHTML/HTML serializers (I seriously hate
the ones from XALAN, and I ain't going to download the full XALAN Jar just
to serialize some SAX events)...

So, it might make sense to put the "generator" Garbage adapter in the
scratchpad, and keep the "core code" somewhere else (for individual
availability) and I can put in on Betaversion's CVS and put the adaptors in
the scratchpad until we got the things up and barely working (less trashy).

    Pier