Yes, you are right. The current draft of the FOM does not contain a
database layer.

I see two options:

 1.) remove it complety
 2.) add it to the petstore examples (which are based on those JS
functions)

I'm in favour of removing them complety and encapsulate the database
calls in the petstore examples using Java objects. So we can show our
users what we envision as the best way of writing flow apps with
database access.

Reinhard