Bjarne Jensen a écrit :

> You wrote:
> >“In your example, static example data is replaced by dynamic markup,
> >which is precisely what we wanted to avoid. The augmented html rather
> >looks like this (the datamodel namespace identifies markup related to
> >the application data model).
> select="Phone">33333"</datamodel:value-of></td>
> >Put this in a web browser, and it will be rendered correctly with
> >example data, even if it's in fact a dynamic page !”
>
> I have tried this in my IE 5.5 it looks like a normal table. So IE5.5 does
> not care about the extra attributes in the <TR> :-) Netscape 4.7 does not
> show anything :-( so to use this approach the designers has to use IE5.5 (or
> similar). My question is: how do you put the extra attributes in
> Dreamweaver? (I have version 3). Are the designer typing them manually – or
> are you using a Javascript or? How does it look like? How do I configure my
> Dreamweaver?

We've customized it with JavaScript. Some new menus are added to insert
these annotations. We've also added icons so that additional markup is
visible in edition mode. You can find docs about this in the "Extending
DreamWeaver" section of help.

> The text “Paul” and “33333” is deleted when the pages is generated right
> dynamically, right?

Yep. And replaced with real data.

> “for-each=”Person”” is in my opinion programming and not layout (XSLT is a
> real programming-language Turin-complete and so on, it’s not just layout).
> So haven’t you mixed programming and layout in your example? That was why I
> wrote <my:dynaimcContentName/> in stead of <xsl:value-of select=”Name”/>.

This is not XSL, even if we've borrowed some of its syntax. The
primitives are dedicated to data insertion (including iteration on
data). There are also many other features but I will not detail them
here.

> In the Article (Style-free XSLT) the XSLT is split in two different files
> but the layout gets calculated run-time. Is this the same with your
> appliaction?

We're targetting mainly intranet webapps (not web sites or portals) and
this approach covers most of the needs, even if advanced features of our
products allow to use several XSL for different parts of the page.

> You also wrote:
> > What is an XML persistence engine?
> >
> A component that allows XML data to be read/write/queried in any target
> persitence mechanism for which we have written an implementation (files,
> SQL db, LDAP directories, etc). The application doesn't have to know
> _how_ data is stored.
>
> Is this component made by you or another vendor? This is some kind of
> interface-program-logic between the data-model and the transforming logic
> that guarantees the data doesn’t get mixed up, right?. ….On top of the
> transforming logic there is some layout.

We did this component. It allows the application to access data as XML
conforming to an application data model whatever the underlying storage
system is.

--
Sylvain Wallez