Von: eirikdentz [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 14. Juni 2001 16:26
An: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Betreff: Re: Problems with Xvfb

Did you check to see what your DISPLAY environmental variable is set to,
prior to starting tomcat?
i.e. echo $DISPLAY

If you are starting Xvfb without a wrapper script that sets it for you,
you'll probably need to set it with:
export DISPLAY=:0
The other thing is that you might need to configure the Xserver to allow the
user that you run Tomcat under to connect to the :0 display. Many default
configurations only allow the root user to connect to the :0 (default)
display

If you start tomcat as root, you shouldn't have that problem, which is what
you might want to do during the configuration and testing phase.  Of course
that's a security risk that you probably wouldn't want to take on a
production system,  ;-)

HTH
eirik