Hi,

I'm currently trying to find out how to set response headers within Cocoon,
respectively XSP in general. Reading the Cocoon respectively Cocoon's XSP
documentation and FAQs I couldn't find any information about this topic.

So I still got some open questions and would appreciate it if somebody could
give me some further information or could point me to a resource. My questions
are:

1. Where in the XSP document do I have to place the <xsp-response:set-header
.../> tag? Does it matter where I place this tag?

Concerning HTTP, it is necessary to send any header information prior any
content/data. Thus, does Cocoon buffer the content/data and then writes header
information and content/data in a 'single' run?

Having a look at the generated Java source, shows that it generates/fires SAX
events and thus makes me wonder how the response headers currently being set!?

2. The same probably applies to cookies, thus the same question for cookies:
Where in the XSP document is it allowed to set a cookie using the
<xsp-cookie:cookie> tag?

3. Does any specification exists for XSP?  Often it's not possible to say
whether some XSP constructs do not work because of wrong usage or because of a
bug in Cocoon's XSP implementation.  An specification also would allow to
build an XSP verifier - or does a verifier already exist?

Regards,
Zeljko