On 19 Jun 2001 17:13:34 +0400, Piroumian, Konstantin wrote:
> > OK, Kot, that's a good idea - to integrate XMLSpy with Xalan as
> > transformer - I din't know it's possible - I should try that.
>
> Problems with XML Spy begin when you are editing XSP pages - you have to
> write all that Java code as text and you have no syntax highlighting, no
> code insight and all other things that makes Java programming easier with
> IDEs.
> Are there any editor which support XSP/JSP like mixed syntax?

I use the One True Editor, also knows as XEmacs.  In psgml mode it
offers syntax highlighting and auto-completion (pressing control-/
closes the current tag).

There is a mode called MMM (which I have yet to try) which allows
multiple major modes in a single document.  The example provided is HTML
mode for the initial document, with JavaScript mode inside <script> tags
and CSS mode inside css blocks.  In theory it should be possible to
create a definition for MMM where the main document is in XML mode, but
inside certain nodes (such as xsp:logic) Java mode is activated.  This
would allow full syntax highlighting/indentation and symantic help in
both the XML and Java sections.

Ross
--
Ross Burton                     Software Engineer
OneEighty Software Ltd          Tel: +44 20 8680 8712