If you modify the file sitemap.xmap while your cocoon server is running, it's
seems that after (the next server request) you'll see this error.
l=xml-cocoon-users) a solution. You move from tomcat\lib these 2 files :
xml.jar and zparser.jar. Personnaly I've created a directory in tomcat\lib and
put these 2 files into.
Since I've done it, I haven't seen again this error message.
I use redhat7.0/tomcat3.2.1/cocoon2.0b1

> I have built the cocoon and put the war file in TOMCAT_ROOT/webapps and
> when i go to
> http://localhost:8080/cocoon, i see this page,
> where is the error?  can u please help
>
> Cocoon 2 - Internal server error

> type internal-server-error
>
> message The sitemap handler's sitemap is not available.
>
> description org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: The sitemap handler's
> sitemap is not available.
>
> sender org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet
>
> source Cocoon servlet
>
> request-uri
>
> /cocoon/
>
> exception
>
> org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: The sitemap handler's sitemap is
> not available.
>
> path-info
>

> stacktrace
>
> org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: The sitemap handler's sitemap is
> not available.
>       at
> org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.Manager.setupProcessing(Manager.java:179)
>       at org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.Manager.invoke(Manager.java:93)
>       at org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon.process(Cocoon.java:293)
>       at
> org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet.service(CocoonServlet.java:471)
>       at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:865)
>       at
> org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.doService(ServletWrapper.java:405)
>       at org.apache.tomcat.core.Handler.service(Handler.java:287)
>       at
> org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.service(ServletWrapper.java:372)
>       at
> org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.internalService(ContextManager.java:797)
>       at
> org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(ContextManager.java:743)
>       at
> org.apache.tomcat.service.http.HttpConnectionHandler.processConnection
(HttpConnectionHandler.java:213)