From: "Sergio Carvalho" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "C. Gaffga" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Sunday, July 15, 2001 1:00 AM
Subject: Re: [C2] use-request-parameters=true

> Ok, now I get it. Set up the XSLT producing pipeline, just as if it were
any other pipeline. You can access the request parameters using the request
XSP taglib. You'll need to declare the request taglib namespace:
>  xmlns:xsp-request="http://apache.org/xsp/request/2.0";
>
> and then you can use:
> <xsp-request:get-parameter name="fgcolor" />
> on your XSP.
>
> Have a look at the file "/docs/samples/xsp/request-test.xsp" on your
cocoon distribution. You may also gain some insight from the source of the
request taglib:
> src/org/apache/cocoon/components/language/markup/xsp/java/request.xsl
> available either in the cocoon source files, or in the cocoon.jar file
under cocoon/WEB-INF/lib.

> Another alternative to generating a new stylesheet with the required
parameters, is to have a static stylesheet that processes the parameters
itself, with no XSP involved. This is the simpler solution, and I thought
you were going for it, It would look something like:

>   <map:match pattern="test.html">
>     <map:generate type="serverpages" src="page.xsp"/>
>     <map:transform src="test.xsl" />
>     <map:serialize type="html"/>
>    </map:match>
>
> Just don't forget step 1 on my previous e-mail, or parameters won't get
passed to the XSLT.

> Instead of having the transformer pass the parameters, you could also do
it on the pipeline using the request action (CVS version/upcoming beta) and
sitemap substitution, in which case you don't need to do the referred step
1:

>   <map:match pattern="test.html">
>    <map:act type="request">
>     <map:generate type="serverpages" src="page.xsp"/>
>     <map:transform src="est.xsl" >
>      <map:parameter name="color" value="{fgcolor}" />
>     </map:transform>
>     <map:serialize type="html"/>
>    </map:act>
>    </map:match>
>
> On Sat, 14 Jul 2001 13:36:55 +0200, "C. Gaffga" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> --
> > Oh sorry, I want to use the parameters during stylesheet generation.
> > My stylesheet is a xsp-page looking for some request parameters and
> > session variables to get the colors customized by the user from the
> > database.
> > So, the stylesheet is dynamicly generated depending on the request.
> > But I had the problem that the request Variable doesn't contain
> > the parameters!
> > I had the same problem during using aggregate, the request is not
available
> > in the part generators.
> >
> > Is it my mistake or not the way cocoon works?
> > (I need the current request in every phase of generation, i thought that
is
> > for
> > what the cocoon:// protocol is for!?)
> >
> > Christoph Gaffga