Roy Tennant wrote:

> So here I've been waiting for a stable Cocoon 2, and I find that the
> development has blown past a stable 2.0 release, and now is working
> on 2.1. Is there any hope of a stable release anytime soon? I have
> production services running (shakily, unfortunately) on 1.8.3, and
> would appreciate having a stable version of 2.x, in the (perhaps
> forlorn) hope that my troubles may disappear. Can anyone give me a
> sense of the proposed development path? Please respond directly to me
> as well as the list, since I cannot deal with signing up to a list
> that gets the kind of traffic this list does. Thanks,
> Roy Tennant
> eScholarship
> California Digital Library

<grin/>

Cocoon 2 is well on its way to a stable release.  Beta 2 is planned for
the real near future.

The Cocon 2.1 repository is for all those wonderful new components that
people have been dying to add.  There is alot of good stuff in 2.1, but
to keep the focus on a stable 2.0 release the Cocoon team put a freeze
on new components to Cocoon 2.0.

That means that _new_ things go in 2.1, and bug fixes get applied to both
repositories.  We don't want to do this forever, so after we have 2.0 final
out the door, Cocoon 2.1 will be ready for further development.

S/MIME Cryptographic Signature