giacomo wrote:

> On Thu, 19 Jul 2001, Marks local account wrote:
>
> > What is the best way to write a transform that could be inserted at any
> > point in the pipeline to produce a colorized output of the pipe at that
> > stage, ike the view source, only with dynamically generated tags?
>
> I don't know what you want to color but there is still the good old
> LogTransformer which was always a good helper to see what's running down
> the pipeline. Look at the cocoon.log for its output.

Yes. I use that, but what I want is to produce a nice dump of the (virtual)
xml document at a particular point in the pipe, and display it on a web page
in the same way as the view_source does in the examples.
I have a problem where som tags are being filtered out in a four stage
pipeline, and I would like to examine the xml document that would be
produced after each step. i know its not really a document, and only a
stream of SAX events, but a transform that collected them up and produced an
output page would be cool, I would write one, but I am still a newbie, and I
need some tips.

Mark Miller
Web Architect
Logica