Von: Andreas Engfer [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Gesendet: Wednesday, July 25, 2001 4:56 PM
An: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Betreff: Cocoon2 - bad performance with increasing amount of clients?!

Hi all,

I am testing Cocoon2 with the Distributed Application Tester of IBM and
I made some surprising experiences!
Start testing my whole application (XSP – Pages, connecting and using an
Oracle DB - - - with connection pooling - , applying stylesheets -.xsl -
for the rendering of html) with an increasing count of clients -> the
average response time grew up linearly with factor two.
I assumed that working with the database causes the linear increase of
response time. But neither testing the application without database
connection, nor testing only the main page of the given examples of
cocoon2 were different. Tthe result was the same:
Client increase (+1) causes the double average response time. In
addition to it even one client needs the whole CPU with a java –
process.
I guess, with these results Cocoon2 is not usable in a production
environment with a large amount of users: the more users - > the longer
the response time, starting allready with two users ???!!!
Has anyone made the same experiences or can tell me what I made wrong? I
would be pleased to hear from you.
My system is constituted by Tomcat 3.2 with Cocoon2. My machine (Pentium
III, 390 M RAM) is running with Win2000.

Regards

Andreas