I'm inserting records into a database table using ESQL,
the database has a primary id with autoincrement.

I need to find the newly created id of the new record,
is there a way to do this on MSSQL2000 from ESQL?

(Doing a select on max(id) won't do because of the possiblity of race
conditions.)

I've done similar things in php on mySQL, there I could use
last_insert_id(),
but how to do the same with SQL2000 and ESQL?

Rune