On Mon, 30 Jul 2001, Itai Erner wrote:

> my first impression is that these solutions are a bit too complex or demand
> to much hassle from web designers.

We all have to learn using things, so why should web designers not have to
do that? They had to learn HTML or using Dreamweaver one day.

> if using Cocoon in a large scale application - one might find himself
> openning an XSL school for web designer...

And this is a good thing, too.

> what im trying to figure out is if Cocoon (and other XSL based solutions)
> and the very clean separation it supplies is worth it ? but not just from
> the programmers point of view but from the whole organization?

If your web designers aren't into learning new stuff and keeping abreast
of web developments, then their knowledge will be out of date very
quickly and they'll become less useful to your organisation. If you like
it that way, then you should stick to old-fashioned tools - but if you
want to live on the bleeding edge of the Web, then you should take a look
at Cocoon.

Ulrich