Without at least a simple sketch of what you want to do with your XSP script,
it's impossible to suggest a workaround. As a general rule, you never need
to get anywhere near the 64k limit, and hitting it suggests your code needs
some heavy refactoring.

As a side note, if some developers are following this list, the idea of code
like what you described:
 <foo:bar /><xsp:logic> else { do_else_stuff() } </xsp:logic>
gives me the creeps. Its hard to read, and prone to breaking if <foo:bar />
changes its internal implementation.

XSP has the potential to be even harder to maintain than Perl. Some restrictions
 on logicsheets should be imposed, to avoid future problems.

On Sat, 18 Aug 2001 20:08:28 +0100, Luis Gois <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
--
> Hi! This one is driving me to insanity for sure!!! I have a xml to which
> I apply a couple of logicsheets. Everything worked fine until I had to
> insert an "if ... else ... " test condition. The "if ..." was already
> there, and when I've put the "else ..." on my XSP page, I got this error
> :
>
> Illegal target of jump or branch at java.lang.Class.newInstance0(Native
> Method)
>
> I'm aware of the 64k limit per class, so, I've checked the .class
> generated and, in fact, it was almost 80kB (with or without the
> "else..." ... so, my guess is that the "else" is forcing a jump to
> beyond the 64kB limit).
>
> Reading through the mail archives, I couldn't  find any "cure" for my
> problem, only some "patches" to it, like xinclude stuff and so on. Could
> you share with me some of the techniques you might have used to overcome
> this limitation (this is a very annoying limitation for XSP. We just
> have to open a .java generated file to see what is making our pages grow
> and grow because of XML code).
>
> TIA
> Luis Gois

Sergio Carvalho