Hi!

 Problem : I'm not able to make connections to a postgresql-db
 (unmodified samples)
 (cocoon from cvs, branch cocoon_20_branch a few days ago).

 Exception is : (Yes, i read the faq and browsed the mail-archive...)
 Could not get the datasource java.sql.SQLException: You cannot get a
 Poolable before the pool is initialized

 Driver is loaded . (tomcat 3.2.1 is started with "JAVACMD=/opt/jdk/bin/java
 -verbose:class" )

 web.xml :
 <init-param>
  <param-name>load-class</param-name>
   <param-value>
     org.postgresql.Driver
   </param-value>
  </init-param>
    <datasources>
     <jdbc name="personnel">
       <pool-controller min="5" max="10"/>
        <dburl>jdbc:postgresql://localhost/ck</dburl>
        <user>ck</user>
        <password></password>
    </datasources>

  cocoon.xconf :
  <datasources>
    <jdbc name="personnel">
      <pool-controller min="5" max="10"/>
      <dburl>jdbc:postgresql://localhost/ck</dburl>
      <user>ck</user>
      <password></password>
    </jdbc>
  </datasources>

  postgresql-db (7.1) is up and listens on its default port.

  netstat tells me that there is no attempt by cocoon to connect the
  db.

  All this happens on a Linux-box with a jdk 1.3.0 from sun.

  So now i have two questions (maybe newbie questions...)

  1) What am i doing wrong in this special case?
  2) Is there a way to make cocoon a bit more verbose so that it tells
     me the reason why (in this case) it can't make a connection?
     (Maybe this helps in other cases too...)

 \\// christoph