The problem is with hotspot shipped with jdk specially
for linux platforms..

The "-classic" option  instructs the jvm runtime to
use Classic stuff rather than default "HOTSPOT'..

Have g'day
srini

 --- Marcus Crafter
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: > On Fri,

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=ant-dev&m=99237384532273&w=2

> > How exactly do I set TOMCAT_OPTS to add
> '-classic'?
>
>       Just set an environment variable at the command
> line:
>
>       $> export TOMCAT_OPTS="-classic"
>
>       or add the above line to your tomcat startup
> scripts.
>
> > I have Tomcat 4 b7 and Tomcat 3.22 (rather than
> 3.23 as you have)--should
> > this make a difference? Or is it strictly a jdk
> error?
>
>       I think the problem is independant from tomcat
> versions, for a whie it
>       was also present when trying to build cocoon.
>
>       Cheers,
>
>       Marcus
>
> --
>      ,,$$$$$$$$$,      Marcus Crafter
>     ;$'      '$$$$:    Computer Systems Engineer
>     $:         $$$$:   Open Software Associates GmbH
>      $       o_)$$$:   82-84 Mainzer Landstrasse
>      ;$,    _/\ &&:'   60327 Frankfurt Germany
>        '     /( &&&
>            \_&&&&'     Email : [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>           &&&&.        Business Hours : +49 69 9757
> 200
>     &&&&&&&:

> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> For additional commands, e-mail: