The capture taglib won't solve this problem, because the captured
content can't be parameterized.

To achieve this, you can put the reused part in a method defined in a
<xsp:logic> block child of <xsp:page>. Below is an example, based on
simple.xsp form the samples.

<xsp:page
           language="java"
           xmlns:xsp="http://apache.org/xsp";
           xmlns:xsp-request="http://apache.org/xsp/request/2.0";
           xmlns:log="http://apache.org/xsp/log/2.0";
           xmlns:capture="http://apache.org/cocoon/capture/1.0";

<xsp:logic>
private void reusedPart(String param) throws SAXException {
    AttributesImpl xspAttr = new AttributesImpl();
    <para>Hi there <xsp:expr>param</xsp:expr> ! I'm a simple dynamic
page generated by XSP (eXtensible Server Pages).</para>

    <para>I was requested as the URI: <b><xsp-request:get-uri
as="xml"/></b></para>

}
</xsp:logic>
   <page>
   <log:logger name="xsp-sample" filename="xsp-sample.log"/>
   <log:debug>Processing the beginning of the page</log:debug>

    <title>A Simple XSP Page</title>

    <content>

    <capture:fragment-variable name="page_part">
      <para>These 2 paragraphs were generated at the start of the XSP,
and captured for insertion at the end.</para>

      <para>Brought to you by Cocoon2 at <xsp:expr>new
Date()</xsp:expr>.</para>
    </capture:fragment-variable>

    <xsp:logic>reusedPart("first time");</xsp:logic>

    <xsp:logic>reusedPart("second time");</xsp:logic>

    <para>The following list was dynamically generated:</para>

Hope this helps.

--
Sylvain Wallez