Alexandru,

look at your generated code, and I think you'll see why this doesn't work.
ESQL creates a number of local variables inside the populateDocument()
method, which it needs for its tags.  These local variables obviously
aren't available to other methods in the class.

-Christopher

Please respond to [EMAIL PROTECTED]