Jack Hirasawa wrote:

> Hi cocoon-users!
>
> I recently installed cocoon 1.8.2 on Websphere 3.5.4 using the install
> script.  I had to fix cocoon.java so it would get the file cocoon.properties
> instead of a resource.  I was able to successfully get the Cocoon.xml page
> to display.  When I tried to display the index.xml page, I got the exception
> below.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks in advance...

The only time I have received this message is when the source XML was not
well formed.  It is possible that Websphere is still referencing an older
XML parser that doesn't accept namespaces.  In that case, you must make sure
that Xerces is before all other jars (including the WebSphere jars).

You may have to edit your websphere property files that specify classpath
information (you know the one where they tell you to edit for hot fixes?).
I have examined the contents of the websphere jars trying to figure out why
I was having issues with Cocoon 2 a few months ago.  The embed class files
for Xerces in there.