On 17.Sep.2001 -- 06:43 PM, Chris Newland wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I'm looking for a generic way to examine the columns in a row retrieved using esql:
>
> <esql:results>
>       <xsp:logic>
>       int cols = <esql:get-column-count/>;
>       String colname;
>       </xsp:logic>
>
>       <esql:row-results>
>               <xsp:logic>
>                       for (int i = 0; i &lt; cols; i++)
>                       {

try
                                colname = <esql:get-column-name><esql:param
name="column"><xsp:expr>i</xsp:expr></esql:param></esql:get-column-name>;
                                                                 ^^^^^^^^^^
                           ^^^^^^^^^^
<xsp:attribute> does not work as you'd expect -- it is needed to
construct XML tags dynamically that are outputted to the
transformation process. Here you'd need to construct different Java
code. Most included taglibs follow this convention to use
<prefix:param> tag for this.

>                       }
>               </xsp:logic>
>               </esql:row-results>
> </esql:results>
>
> but this throws an exception: No method matching getColumnName() found in interface
>java.sql.ResultSetMetaData. (i.e. the column attribute is not being picked up)
>
> Is it possible to add attributes to a logicsheet tag? I don't think it is but I
>can't think of another way of passing the parameter to the get-column-name tag.
>
> Is this possible?

        Chris.

--
C h r i s t i a n       H a u l