On Thu, Oct 04, 2001 at 05:04:29PM -1000, Russell Castagnaro wrote:
> Aloha cocoon-users,
>
>   I'm trying to find an example of using C2 standalone.  I actually
>   want to use it in an EJB, but first things first.  I've looked at
>   the environment package, which seems to have the classes all set up
>   to make it happen.  If somebody could just give me a simple example
>   that did this, I think I'd be fine from there.

Do you have CVS there? The latest Cocoon in CVS builds it's own
documentation offline. Check it out of CVS, and type "./build.sh
newdocs".

Otherwise, you should be able to type 'java -jar cocoon.jar' and have it
run. Your cocoon.jar needs to be in the same directory as the other
required jars.

As for running in an EJB, that might not be a good idea (though I don't
know your situation). Cocoon is meant to be a framework, not a library
to be used in other code.

--Jeff