From: Mark S. Kent [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, October 18, 2001 2:08 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: session and xsl

Marty,

I tried your suggestion, but it didn't work.  Although cocoon is seeing
a session, it does not appear to be the same one that Tomcat(?) created
when the user logged in.  I put a "session.getId()" call into my JSP
page and also one in the XML file and both returned different values.

Now, I assumed (and I know what that means!) that since Tomcat created
the session when the user logged in, and Cocoon runs under Tomcat, that
both would be the same.  Not the case.

Can anyone shed light on how these "sessions" are being defined?  From
looking at what "process" is serving the file (Tomcat=JSP, Cocoon=XML),
it seems a new session ID value is created for each one.  Does that
sound right?

Or, is the session ID related to where these files reside within a
folder structure (webapps\myapp vs. webapps\cocoon) and each call to a
different "alias" in apache starts a new session?  I'm confused. I
thought Tomcat was handling them all.

Mark