Hi Simone,

You have a few options:

1) To remove the port 8080, you can use mod_webapp/mod_jk so that Tomcat
can 'hide' behind Apache.

2) To remove the "cocoon", you can do one of two things:
2a) Rename cocoon.war to ROOT.war and restart Tomcat. This will make
cocooon the default web application on Tomcat. Make sure, of course,
that you don't already have something in the ROOT application!
2b) Again, if you don't have anything in the ROOT application on Tomcat,
you can simply edit Tomcat's server.xml and set the docBase for ROOT to
/cocoon; i.e:

<Context path="" docBase="webapps/cocoon" reloadable="true"/>

This is usually my first choice.

3) Then you'll have to map either the whole cocoon context or something
like all *.xml files to Tomcat. Depends on what connector method you use
(which in turn, depends on what versions of everything you're using).
This is where you have to decide what should be served where.

My site gives more details on the above. You'll just have to start
experimenting like we are all doing here ;)

Lajos
galatea.com