I've read in past notes that it should be possible to eliminate the need for running an Xserver or Xvfb on one's cocoon 2.0 server if you are using jdk1.4.

I thought I'd test this out on a new server that I was able to run using the following combination of software:

RedHat Linux 7.2
Sun's J2SDK 1.4.0 beta 3 for Linux
Cocoon 2 rc2
Tomcat 4.0.1

I had no success whatsoever in pulling up any of the cocoon pages.  This combination worked fine if I ran Xvfb.  However, I noted that some of the examples don't work quite right; some of the SVG examples appear differently than they do when I substitute the Sun jdk1.3.1 for Linux for jdk 1.4.

I'm curious how other people have managed to use jdk 1.4 on their systems.  Can any of you provide the actual startup scripts you use to make this work?

Rob