I need to disable the doctype definitions in the begining of the cocoon1.8
generated html page (<!DOCTYPE ....> - get rid of this tag)?
Don't ask me why I need that ;-)
If I delete the following lines from cocoon.properties

formatter.text/html/loose.doctype-public = -//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0
Transitional//EN
formatter.text/html/loose.doctype-system =
http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40/loose.dtd

I still get some default doctype (xhtml I guess). Is there another way?

Alfredas